I don’t always set goals for the new year, but this year I felt inspired to do so.
I usually stick to my 3 resolutions every year- walk the dog every day, sleep 8 hours a night, and wear lipstick- and I restarted those on December 1st and have done pretty well. I like the combination of practical and fun resolutions that don’t require huge changes as I believe that one’s life is comprised of both big and little things. Small changes and habits can pay dividends.
Why the lipstick? I’m not entirely certain where this idea came from, but somewhere along the way I heard that the right lipstick should brighten your whole complexion and your disposition. Combine this fact with my life as a stay at home mom who’s uniform is ripped jeans and a t-shirt, or yoga pants and a sweatshirt, and a little lipstick can go a long way in making my reflection a little more pleasant. Vain, maybe, but it’s an easy thing to do.
I’ve categorized my goals for 2015 into six categories: Faith/ Personal Growth, Marriage, Mothering, Creativity, Fitness, & Others.
So without further adieu, here are my 2015 goals:
Faith/ Personal Growth-
- Wake up early and read bible while riding my stationary bike for 21 consecutive days in January (once I kick this awful cold)
- Finish reading all the half read books on my Kindle- read a minimum of 10 minutes a day
- Use prayer app daily- schedule just 5 minutes a day
- Plan a weekend trip for 1st quarter
- Plan a date night per month
- Workout together once a week
- Take Savannah to a painting class
- Visit science museum once a month
- reinstitute chore packs and cleaning Saturdays
- develop a homeschool/ enrichment schedule for Luke
- Participate in the 10 day Do Over Challenge – from John Acuff
- Sew one article of clothing for myself per quarter
- try the “Year of Nothing New” challenge for clothing
- write 50 blog posts this year
- Cut body fat to under 20%
- Participate in #30daysnocheats with Jen, starting January 5th
- Help 2 people in their fitness journey
- research personal training certificate
- Host an IF:Table
- Host a monthly craft night
I’ll be posting monthly updates on my progress, a-la-moneysavingmom.